Saturday, September 17, 2011

[Electric Boats] reduction drives

 

Hello all,

I've been lurking here for a while, which has paid great benefits as I've been putting together a parts list for an electric drive for my Cascade 29.

Given the limited budget I've decided to "build" the system myself rather than go with one of the tried and true manufacturer's assemblies.

The one component(s) I've been having trouble with is the reduction drive. I've decided to use timing pulley's/belts or sprockets and chain along with captured roller/thrust bearings but am having a tough time sourcing them. I wouldn't be opposed to a gear reduction either provided a "bullet proof" reputation. The motor of choice is the ME0907 for it's lack of brushes, performance, and affordability. By my calc's a 2:1 to 2.5:1 reduction will be needed to maximize performance. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment