Monday, September 19, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: reduction drives

 

These are the pulleys and QD bushings that I used
McMaster- Carr
6495k514 Pulley
6495k522 Pulley
6086k516 QD bushing
6086k214 QD bushing
Bearings
6494k33 Nickel Plated cast iron, Flange bearing
Shaft
8377T28 SS 1" drive shaft, 1/4" key way

Grainger
Drive Belt
1DHT2 1" wide H gearbelt

I used T-slotted extruded aluminum rail 15 series, to build the frame.
The motor plate is 1/4" aluminum. There are 2 leveling bolts that push up on the motor plate to tension the belt. You can see photos at Electric Seas
http://www.electricseas.org/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=3ueh7wymn75ci
Hope this helps
Doug

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "svcabernet" <bsmisner@...> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I've been lurking here for a while, which has paid great benefits as I've been putting together a parts list for an electric drive for my Cascade 29.
>
> Given the limited budget I've decided to "build" the system myself rather than go with one of the tried and true manufacturer's assemblies.
>
> The one component(s) I've been having trouble with is the reduction drive. I've decided to use timing pulley's/belts or sprockets and chain along with captured roller/thrust bearings but am having a tough time sourcing them. I wouldn't be opposed to a gear reduction either provided a "bullet proof" reputation. The motor of choice is the ME0907 for it's lack of brushes, performance, and affordability. By my calc's a 2:1 to 2.5:1 reduction will be needed to maximize performance. Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 596. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment