Monday, June 20, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Sea trials

 

good luck Pitt, I've got an 37 island trader that won't be far behind .   I'm down on the other west coast of the USA..  Gulf coast of Florida....   have fun, wish I were back in SF once in a while...  Dave K


From: Pitt <boombolinate@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, June 20, 2011 1:45:23 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Sea trials

So where to start? Well I started here at the EB site and read everything, I was sooo confused, I went to the dealers and had trouble finding the right one, the boat is too big was the advice back then. Well Scott at Electric Yacht had developed a package for a customer in LA. I took a road trip and helped out with the intsallation and was sold. Then comes the decision to drop in a LiFePo bank 48v 540AH. OMG the waiting to get the batteries was a b1tch. Installation was fun and splashing was great. Oh yeah I dropped this packet into my 41Formosa  Ketch 28 000lbs, I surfed her out of the Napa river after a 20 month dry spell. There were a few problems with the initial run and those we are trouble shooting with Scott as we speak. The level of customer service with Electric Yacht is great, I am an electrically disabled customer and they have held my hand and helped get it all done. Great effort from them I cannot praise enough.

As fate works things out not always in my favor, my entire family unit has gone away for the week, left me and my new boat at the Glen Cove Marina in S.F bay. I went sailing yesterday with a few friends and need another fix, I also need run a few tests and figure out some performance parameters.

Anyone want to go for a boat ride today or tomorrow? Obviously I would prefer an amazon goddess with an interest in electrical boating, however if you have an EB or looking to take the plunge then you should take a look also? I was thinking a ride from the Marina to the mothball fleet and back. Short notice maybe but what an opportunity? I was thinking about a 2 pm departure?

Pitt



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/electricboats/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/electricboats/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    electricboats-digest@yahoogroups.com
    electricboats-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    electricboats-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment