Tuesday, June 21, 2011

RE: [Electric Boats] Re: Sea trials and data gathering

 

Steve:
 
A good question. I'm still trying to figure that out myself. I did a few test runs in the harbor just after launch recently to check things out and I got some strange readings in one of the runs as I think Eric has mentioned too in some of his tests. It was not a windy day but, I suspect the harbor currents were affecting the test. I'm thinking I need to do the test in a bigger and deeper body of water where subsurface currents are not as strong as in the harbor. A lake would be great but, those of us in salt water need to take in the currents as well as wind when testing. Slack tide on a windless day would be about the best time to do the tests but, I suspect perfect test conditions are hard to achieve in some areas.
 
Capt. Mike


--- On Tue, 6/21/11, Steve Dolan <sdolan@scannersllc.com> wrote:

From: Steve Dolan <sdolan@scannersllc.com>
Subject: RE: [Electric Boats] Re: Sea trials and data gathering
To: "electricboats@yahoogroups.com" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 21, 2011, 10:13 AM

 

Could someone put together the right way to gather all the data everyone is looking for when testing out their Electric Conversion? I know it's been posted here in pieces but maybe it needs to be gathered and put into one place. I guess what I'm looking for is a form or at least some direction to get the data down including any formulas for conversion so I can get it right. As some of you know I have a 41' Catamaran with a 144V system which goes into the larger category for conversion but I want to have the data be usable for others.

 

Thanks,

Steve in Solomons MD

410 Se Lagoon Electra Glide

 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment