Thursday, June 9, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] re ICE versus Electric

 


John Bortner,
Your statement about not justifying the practicality of electric propulsion for a sailboat
created my response. It is very much a practicable method, more so than ICE, in many many cases.
I never said anything about your ability to sail, I wouldn't.

I understand many marina channels are busy, 3-4 knots max speed limits in most, so getting a sailboat
3-4 knots over a 0.5 - 3 nm distance seems very practicable with E-Prop.

I find this forum (and others) very valuable. I get motivated to comment when someone claims that E-Prop just isn't there yet.
Comments on these forums suggesting E-Prop is not justified, without knowing and experiencing both systems, deserves
to be recognized. I appreciate the feedback.

It would have been easier to comprehend if you had asked the Group, how to justify E-Prop given your traditional sailing experience.

Financially, well you'd have to do some calculations/comparisons, over time. How long do you plan to keep your boat.
What do you think your A-4 is worth? Do you know anyone that has E-Prop in your area?

If you're more comfortable with a 9hp outboard & your A-4, that's great, but I find it unjustified & impracticable and I guess that is what forums are for.
George

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment