Sunday, June 5, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Ditching electric

 

Myles , I knew I would get this response from you , and please , give me a chance to respond.
I am NOT A TROLL.
I am however very concerned about some advise given.
When Mike suggested that blue water sailers should be using portable domestic petrol gensets I got angry.
Primarily because of my work with the CG , but basically , I saw it as very flawed advise , gee , I'm shaking now , just answering this !. 
I wrote a reply to Mike in anger , I must admit , I went to delete it , knowing it would not be received well , but somehow sent it.
So then I had to finish what I had to say.
My concern , first and foremost , is safety.
I believe strongly , that suggesting that blue water sailers should put there trust in portable petrol generators is bad advise , and will do the industry a lot of harm.
Thank you for letting me reply.
Regards Rob Johnson
 


From: Myles Twete <matwete@comcast.net>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, 6 June, 2011 5:35:19 AM
Subject: RE: [Electric Boats] Ditching electric



Let's see if I have this straight:

·         you want to see electric boating succeed and want to help make it so

·         you're concerned about electric boating's reputation due to well written articles

·         yet you start a redundant 2nd thread on an article about someone dissatisfied with EP

·         then you not-so-vaguely assert again that the advise on this forum is unsound, unsafe or worse

·         then you again criticize publicly those of us who have for years made safe and effective use of portable ultra-quiet efficient gensets for Plan-B, Plan-C or Plan-D power onboard.

Given the above, I don't think any EP solution will satisfy you unless it is a heavily-diesel-dependent hybrid system designed and built by a firm that follows each and every ABYC and CG regulation, rule and suggestion.

So why are you here?  I mean really?  To help us not make mistakes?  Many of us have been happy and safe with our work---you won't convince us no matter what.  Please don't act like a troll on this list.

 

Sincerely,

 

Electric Boats Moderator

 

 

 

From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rob
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2011 11:35 PM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] Ditching electric

 

 

That is the actual Classic Boat title to the article on the repowering of Siandra..
I want , as much as anyone on this forum , to see electric boating succeed . I want to be an active part of it.
But how much damage do well written articles like this do ?.
Dare I say it , how much damage does some of the "advise"given on this forum do , if followed through ?.
We really need to get "fair dinkum" , if we are to be taken seriously.
Thats all I've got to say.
Regards Rob J.



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment