Saturday, June 4, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: What to do

 



--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Mike C" <boatnut@...> wrote:
>
> I have a Wes Farmer Badger http://www.duckworksbbs.com/plans/wf/badger/index.htm with a motorwell and I am trying to decide what to to do for power.I would love to go electric but the outboards are very expensive.Would a large trolling motor work for me? I would like to travel at about 5 knots for as long as possble.I would like to use a rudder and have a controller of some sort about in the middle of the boat.Any ideas and what this would cost me?

Look at the file "Building an Electric Javelin" located on this Yahoo Group. More work than attaching an electric outboard, but much more efficient, and reasonable in cost. This setup could be adapted to many small boats.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment