Thursday, June 2, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Siandra unplugged

 

Adding my opinion before I get a chance to read the article, I would say that this situation seems reasonable. I've always said that an electric re-power is an excellent idea, for certain boats and use cases. For others, the compromises may not work out in their favor.

That said, I'm impressed that they took the plunge and gave the new driveline a couple of years before trying another solution.

Fair winds,
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "acsarfkram" <acsarfkram@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Rob,
>
> What is CB? I'd like to read the article.
>
> Mark
> Santa Cruz
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <dopeydriver@> wrote:
> >
> > I apologise if this article has already been bought to the attention of forumites , but there is a good article written by a couple cruising the world , and their auxiliery power.
> > In CB246 of 2008 they had an article on replacing their elderly diesel with electic power.
> > In CB274 of April 2011 , they have an article on why they replaced their electric power , with a diesel.
> > Its quite a comprehensive article.
> > The last paragragh reads "We look forward to seeing new electric drives emerge , but in the meantime we are regaining our independence by replacing the Thoosa with a small , stinky, noisy, high-maintenance diesel engine".
> > If needs be , I could perhaps copy the article , and post it somewhere.
> > For me , I'm still waiting for the Mastervolt Drivemaster Ultra Hybrid to be released to the world , and find out how it performs , and at what price.
> > Regards Rob J.
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment