Monday, June 20, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Sea trials

 

Hi Q,

I'd love to see your boat sometime. I want to do some range testing with the 8kWh battery pack on my Bermuda 30 and King's Harbor is right around the right distance. If we get the right kind of weather window on a weekend sometime soon, maybe we could meet and check out each other's boat while I stop for lunch.

If you ever get the chance, can you collect some controlled performance data (knots to watts) for your boat? I'd like to see how close some of the performance predictions compare to real life observations. Heck, I could drive down sometime and I could help with the data collection process.

I'll send you an email off-list so that we can swap contact info.

Fair winds,
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Q Scott QSK <qskaye@...> wrote:
>
> Eric,
>
> Pitt and I have the same boat and EY motor (although his girl is a bit
> facier and has newer sails and about 220 AH of additional lithium). I wish I
> could run up north and help Pitt out to return the favor of he did in coming
> down here to help me do my install (I was the one he mentions in the email).
> My boat was in MDR next to you until a couple of months ago and now I am
> in King Harbor. I have finished the exterior (this phase at least) and now
> I am working on the interior. Now on the Lithium cells, I was on that last
> shipment that came through Washington (and we all know what happened there),
> but as it turned out EY ended up taking the loss instead of me for those
> and then Scott helped me source another vendor and got replacements within
> about 2 weeks (after having waiting those fun 4 months already). EY really
> came through for me there and Scott, while extremely busy always finds time
> to respond to questions.
>
>
> Q
> s/v Kaikali
> King Harbor, CA
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment