Thursday, June 9, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: re ICE versus Electric

 

I sure hope this thread dies soon.

To those that see EP as impractical for whatever reason (cost,range...) I do not see anything changing in a big way for the next year. There will likely be some battery improvements maybe even a "breakthrough", but I'm guessing they will not be inexpensive.

For the past three plus years EP has and is working sooo much better in every way than ICE did on my sailboat. If/when I get another boat I'll be looking for a sailboat with a dead or dieing engine and ripping it out to replace with EP just like I did with my current boat and the sailboat before that. If the perfect boat has a brand new diesel there will be a diesel for sale :-).

For me there is no comparison between ICE and EP, it's like two different activities.

So to those that have made up their minds that EP is impractical on a sailboat that's fine but what are you doing here?

Mark
Santa Cruz

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Lars D' Oyle" <ldoyle@...> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> Don't get upset about what GHNBus posted about your comment.
>
> It's obvious they are not a sailor as they would not have made the comment about your "motor boat that just happens to have sails".
>
> It's also obvious they have never converted a sailboat from an ICE to EP as they would know that that path is not always an easy one.
>
> It's also quite obvious that they tend to post reply's without fully reading or understanding the post they are commenting on.
>
> Larry
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment