Tuesday, March 15, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Catalina 27

 



--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <boat_works@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Are you certain you can run the MARS 3001 at 72V? I thought it was spec'd at 48V nominal.
>
> I ask because the output of my Elcon charger is fixed at about 3V higher than I like to charge, and adding another cell to my battery bank would get me a bit more KWH and get the charge profile more in line with my needs.
>
> -Tom
>

I'm not positive but I think it will run okay at 72v, Tom. At least Kelly Controls thinks it will cause they sell a kit, with 48v (KBL48301) controller, but offer upgrade to the 72V controller and they throw in a 15A charger too. Obviously they mean for the motor to be run at 72V or they would not upgrade the charger. I will check for sure before placing an order. If it don't work out then I guess I still got my Atomic 4 to git 'er done.

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment