Tuesday, March 15, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Catalina 27 - regen?

 



--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:
>
> Hi sloop_wasnt_me,
>
> Just answering your regen question, I'll reference some of my previous posts on this forum. You can check post #16405 from 11/24/2010 ans post #16453 from 11/29/2010.
>
> The short version is that with a 27' boat, you shouldn't count on any regen to cover anything above and beyond normal 12V house loads. Regen will not put a noticable amount of charge back into your traction batteries on anything less than a multi-day passage.
>

That's about what I figured. I hadn't hoped for much more. But if it will keep up with the house load and have a little left over, and over a long-ish passage bring the batts up so I can use the electric drive for docking, I am okay with that. Also considering a wind generator. I might even homebrew one, using another 3001 motor and the same controller. Thanks for the reply!

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment