Friday, March 25, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Experiences with Sail-powered Regeneration?

 

Jim,
The system that I have been building for the last 4 years does just that, modified Rice speed nozzle, 5 blade 14 inch, 13 pitch composite prop and a separate alternator on the prop shaft.   Life has not dictated the time to do all the testing and put forth the numbers that everyone wants to see to believe, that's ok, from what I have seen so far I'm happy for my use....  I sincerely believe this is the way for sailboat regeneration...  I have a new platform for test now and I'm trying to get back on task.
 Dave K


From: luv2bsailin <luv2bsailin@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, March 25, 2011 9:28:34 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Experiences with Sail-powered Regeneration?

I wonder if anyone has tried optimizing for regen instead of propulsion?
Sounds like that's what you're looking for Jak. I have a few old props laying around, once the lake thaws out maybe I'll work out a way to put one on backwards and see what happens. It would be interesting to measure the difference.
Jim

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:
>
  I would not plan on doing any better than that with a system that is designed for propulsion, the regen has to be a secondary consideration.
>





__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment