Saturday, March 26, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Portable generators

 

Do you suppose there is enough airflow through those enclosures to provide adequate cooling when running at full output?

-Tom

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Sally Reuther <smreuther@...> wrote:
>
> For those of you wondering what to do about that portable Honda on deck -
> check out these two enclosures built by Maritime Plastics here in Annapolis.
> This is an excellent way to help protect that generator. I just happened to
> come across these when I was checking their website for contact info.
>
> Sally Reuther
>
>
>
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Kevin Pemberton
> <pembertonkevin@...>wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Eric,
> >
> > What do you consider enclosed space? Is the boat a hazard? is it wired for
> > explosion proof? Can any fumes find a way below via breeze or any other
> > means? Don't get me wrong, I had my honda on deck for years. I finally
> > built a deck outside the transom for the thing to keep the hazard as low as
> > I could.
> >
> > Kevin Pemberton
> >
> >
> > On 03/16/2011 03:41 PM, Eric wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > You mentioned that the portable generators are not ignition protected, but
> > there's not much in the way of volatiles onboard my boat any longer. There's
> > the canisters of the alcohol stove with a jug of spare stove fuel and a
> > small lamp with liquid paraffin. Of course, there's the gas tank on the
> > generator itself, but do we think that ignition protection is still a
> > reasonable requirement?
> >
> > Like you, I only run the generator on deck and for me, the charger plugs
> > directly into the generator.
> >
> > Fair winds,
> > Eric
> > Marina del Rey, CA
> >
> >
> > --
> > Ubuntu10.04, Acer AspireOne, Virgin Mobile 3G Broadband2go.
> > Doesn't get any better than this!
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment