Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Motor Sailing

 

I started reading it yesterday , I believe it a valuable resource for anyone wanting to set up a motorsailer.
What hits me again , and again though , is how valuable a hybrid setup would be , and how relatively inexpensive it would be to set up.
The book I have is the second addition , written in '93 , I reckon a 3rd addition should be written covering the considerable advantage of a hybrid , and also electric power .
I haven't finished the book yet , but it has really encouraged me to set up a hybrid.
It also covers very well the subject of engine room ventilation in a blue water boat , and cooling.
I believe its a valuable addition to the library of anyone interested in motorsailer , but I'd love to see someone cover the advantage of hybrid power , and also electric in a straightforward , factual way , without any of the BS we sometimes get in the industry.
For me at least , I'm really looking forward to setting up my next boat hybrid , I reckon it will be really something.
Regards Rob J. 


From: Rob <dopeydriver@yahoo.com.au>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 30 March, 2011 2:02:25 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Motor Sailing

I've just taken delivery of the book "Motorsailing" by Dag Pike.
It doesn't deal with electric powered propulsion at all , but is a very comprehensive book , on all aspects of the motor sailer.
The section on engine compartment ventilation systems is worth the cost of the book alone .
Regards Rob J.



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/electricboats/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/electricboats/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    electricboats-digest@yahoogroups.com
    electricboats-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    electricboats-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment