Wednesday, March 30, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: boat performance (was: portable tach)

 

Tom,

I forget what type of boat your running your conversion in but even at 48V, 25A is great for 5.2kts. My old ketch needs 50A to cruise at 5kts.

Fair winds,
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <boat_works@...> wrote:
>
>
> ... In my case, I found the motor was only turning 1610RPM when I was running 5.2kts at 25A. Looks like I could use a smaller gearbelt pulley on the motor to step up the RPM and get the motor's cooling fan turning faster. Not enough room to put a larger pulley on the prop shaft.
>
> I have never tried to run at max current the motor is capable of, since the max output voltage of my Hall effect throttle gets too high for the existing configuration of my controller. When the controller sees too much throttle voltage it shuts down until you cycle the throttle. Even as it is, I can easily exceed hull speed at 80A (for a while). I never knew I was operating at such low motor RPM.
>
> Until now.
> -Tom
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment