Wednesday, December 8, 2010

[Electric Boats] Battery Equilization

 

I have recently installed the PakTrakr monitoring system and it seems to be doing its job admirably. I now think I have 1 bad battery in my string and possibly 2 that are not fully charging. To this end I will have them fully tested and replaced before the end of the season. I had no idea that this was the case and the PT monitor found this within a few minutes of activation.
Now I want to add an Equalization system to balance the batteries constantly. I had been looking at the PowerCheq balancers but after extensive reading think they may be limited to a 10 battery pack or 120v system. Mine is 144v. So in my research I came across HDM Systems.
http://www.hdm-sys.com/products/equalizer.php

who happens to provide what may be a simpler install and higher rate of balance. PC is at 2A shuffle verses HDM's 5A shuffle. HDM's is also waterproof. Has anyone had any experience with this system or can add any more info to the subject or alternative manufactures of balancing systems??

Thanks,
Steve in Solomons MD

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment