Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Pitch of Kipawa Propeller

 

I concur about your assessment of kipawa. For something so basic as prop pitch to be considered "proprietary information" is totally disappointing. I have a minnkota powered dinghy and would be interested in trying different props, but based on Kipawa's banal policy I won't be interested in experimenting with their products. This is a shame because from some reports the kipawa product seems a worthy alternative option for the minnkota motors, but you can count me out.

Two enthusiastic thumbs down for kipawa inc.

Hans K



--- On Tue, 12/15/09, bosunj.rm <bosunj@rocketmail.com> wrote:

From: bosunj.rm <bosunj@rocketmail.com>
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Pitch of Kipawa Propeller
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 11:09 AM

 

Interesting that corporations have trained some so well that they don't automatically reject a company that won't give them the info they need to make an informed decision. Any company that acts like this doesn't deserve my money. Thank you for the heads up. I'll add them to the growing list of mostly Duhmerican't companies I won't do business with.

--- In electricboats@ yahoogroups. com, "marka97203" <marka97203@ ...> wrote:
>
>
> I've got a Kipawa 314 they sent for an E-30. It's 10" diameter. From
> root to tip is 2.5 inches. The blades are not twisted very strongly.
>
> Does that make pitch the sum of the three blades, or 7.5?
>
>
> For my own 650 pound all up 16 footer, the Kipawa prop did make a modest speed
> improvement - but nothing like the 30% better range Denny Wolfe reports.
> For that I had to add another battery.
>
> Mark
>
>
>
> On 12/14/09, gregory_west2001 <greg@...> wrote:
> > Does anyone
> > know the pitch of the Kipawa props? If so, and assuming Kipara did not have
> > you sign a nondisclosure agreement as a condition of the purchase, would you
> > let me know the pitch? Thank you.
> ;
> >
> > "If your just looking for speed our props on average show a 10 - 15%
> > increase of speed over the standard Minn Kota Propeller."
> >
>


__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment