Friday, December 25, 2009

[Electric Boats] My conclusion Re: AGM Batteries

 



--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Ned Farinholt <nedfarinholt@...> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know how important it is to have a Battery Management System on a bank of LiFe PO cells. It adds considerably to the cost. I can understand taking the risk on a bicycle or motorcycle bank but in a boat, is it prudent?
> Ned
>

Ned,

I believe the BMS is important to individually charge each cell up to full charge. I use HiPower Lifepo4 for my 26' powerboat and the charger and BMS are combined .... plug it in and the 48 volt x 100 AH packs are 56 volts with every charge. Have you gotten a price for HiPower battery packs? I am almost ready to order more and I should do a group order .... anyone interested?

ebdrives

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment