Thursday, December 31, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Source for coupler (14 spline, 5/8ths shaft) to motor or pully

 

Obviously I was thinking direct-drive in my last post. With belts the alignment is simpler. Consider using QD bushing pulleys:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#quick-disconnect-bushings/=56bqwz
(scroll about halfway down the page)
They work with an assortment of pulleys and sprockets.
Something like this might work for you:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/115/1045/=56bqc5
McMaster is not the cheapest around, but they have a lot of stuff and are easy to deal with.
I used keyed pulleys and couplers on my first inboard conversion, but once I discovered the clamp-type ones, I never went back.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "williamdickenson55" <williamdickenson55@...> wrote:
>
> An interesting set of conversations. I was specifically trying to avoid the machine shop / welding side of the world, but it looks like I'm stuck with it. That isn't a shock, I was just hoping someone knew of a commercial adapter.
>
> I'll probably grind down a side, bore the pulley out to 9/16th, tap it with a couple of set screws, press in place (push rather hard actually) and live with it for a while.
>
> If anyone does come up with a place to buy, I'm all ears. Thanks
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment