Monday, December 28, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Source for coupler (14 spline, 5/8ths shaft) to motor or pully

 

Myles' idea is a good one. Here's another. Buy a regular 5/8" drive coupler (there are dozens of different types) that uses a square key to transfer power. Then, grind or file the key to fit one of the spline grooves.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "williamdickenson55" <williamdickenson55@...> wrote:
>
> I am about to get seriously into converting an old outboard to electric. I've got all the parts laid out except one. Is there a commercial source for a coupler that would slide onto that 14 spline 5/8ths inch outboard that would be suitable for either direct drive to an outboard, or into a pulley. I'm trying to avoid the cutting and welding end of this if I can.
>
> I've seen quite a few comments, but not one that specifically mentions a source.
>
> Thanks
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment