Friday, October 10, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Fugu electric conversion performance

 

I love not having fuel aboard. I love the reduced maintenance. I love not having to hope that the engine will start. I love not having to warm up the engine. I love knowing that fuel spills are no longer a possibility. I love having no minimum idle speed. I love instant on demand propulsion. I love the reduced noise level. I love when people warn me that I am not discharging any cooling water.

For me the coolest thing is motoring around the marina at dawn with the water flat as glass, ticking over at 40rpm or so, barely moving, not spooking gar, gators, pelicans, etc until I am right on top of them, completely under control, with no idling engine shifted in and out of gear at 700rpm.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment