Thursday, October 23, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric Ericson 27 Long Beach California

 

Hi King_of_neworleans,

Your low cost conversion is impressive, the quotes I have received from vendors have been "considerably" more than your total outlay,even considering their DIY options.  Yes, there is a certain peace of mind when considering a turn key system, and I have not yet established my budget/peace of mind ratio yet.  Where did you purchase your components (motor, gearbox, controller, charger)?  I have found various EV vendors online with parts you can mix and match (if you know what you are doing), which I don't.  Of course those parts are not necessarily intended for a marine application, mostly designed for two and four wheel projects.  I have read quite a bit about flooded batteries on sailboats and the "complexities", how are you managing the "acid" spills (if any) when heeling.  and what about the Hydrogen off gassing?  Lots of questions I know, Thanks for any additional information.

-Scott

__._,_.___

Posted by: scottcoo@gmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (31)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment