Tuesday, March 11, 2014

[Electric Boats] Backup option.... voltage pumps in parallel?

 


I have ordered a couple of these power supplies to play with:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EQ1Y9N8/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They'll take 10-60V as input, and boost it up to 80V  - as long as the output voltage exceeds the input voltage.
They're rated for 600W.

On my boat, I have a battery bank for the electric motor at 48V, and a second bank at 12V for the "house".

The thought was that perhaps, for short periods of time, in an emergency, could I run the 48V motor from one of these tied to the house battery?

The simple answer should be "yes, at low power".
The more complicated issue is if I want 1000W or so.

Can I safely tie the output of two of the voltage pump power supplies in parallel??
Should I put a diode after each one before tying them together?
Or maybe a very small resistor?

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment