Monday, March 24, 2014

[Electric Boats] Re: Seahawk 17 Project

 

I have a brand new Minn Kota Traxxas 55 that I use on a 16' Jon Boat.  It maxes out at 3.9 MPH on a GPS pulling 45 amps (full throttle) on average.  I think that 3.9 MPH is the hull speed as I never go above 3.9MPH whether into the wind or with the wind!!  Only the amp draw changes...higher into the wind, less going downwind.   Hit 48 amps once into the wind, but still 3.9 MPH on my GPS.  At 3 MPH it pulls approx 20 amps and at approx 60% throttle. 

I tried the Kipawa prop and it was slower and pulled more amps at any speed as compared to the two blade stock prop...therefore...I went back to the stock prop.  That was my experience with the kipawa prop anyway.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment