Friday, March 28, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: 5KW or 10 KW

 



Sent from my iPad

On 26 Mar 2014, at 18:35, John Wujack <jlwuja@gmail.com> wrote:

 

John, Thanks for a thoughtful addition. As I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of an Elco motor, I'm curious about your comment about Elco motors not being of a suitable form for boats smaller than 10m or however you said it. At 170 lbs, I'm replacing a diesel that's 100 lbs. heavier. Even with batteries for the required 36v, I figure it's pretty much a wash (weight-wise) by the time I remove fuel tank, exhaust, water inlet and filter. As far as form, it sits on almost the identical platform as my out going Yanmar 1GM-10.
I guess I'm feeling or reacting a bit defensively because I've received such great assistance from Elco that reading your quick dismissive just doesn't seem as accurate as the rest of your post.

Sent from my iPad

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (67)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment