Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Electric Kayak

 

Tommy,

If using an inefficient resistor type speed controller, his numbers are applicable. If using a PWM speed control, the range at lower speeds will be greatly increased. At 4.5 mph my range is 80 miles but at top speed of 5.5 mph it is around 45 miles, big difference, but I use PWM motor speed controller. Haven't tried it but I'm sure I could squeeze 100+ miles at 3.5 mph.

Bob


From: "tommy033107@gmail.com" <tommy033107@gmail.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Electric Kayak



I would love to see a lithium battery powered trolling motor on a Kayak or Canoe test done like this guy did with his trolling motor. in the middle of the page is a link called (download) that takes you to a spreed sheet that needs only 3 changes to calculate your battery setup.
They spread sheet with then calculate your amps used at what speed setting and your miles traveled.
Have a look: http://tufox.com/hobie/TrollingPerformance.html

I plan to do this with my solar canoe when the weather warms up a bit more.

Tommy
https://sites.google.com/site/serenitysolarcanoe/



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (47)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment