Monday, March 24, 2014

[Electric Boats] Re: Seahawk 17 Project

 

Hopefully I have a more efficient hull shape as a displacement hull and can bring those amps down! I was hoping for something like the 15% gains I've read about in other sailboat applications. I've been reading about using model airplane propellers and even nose cone spinners to increase efficiency by up to 60% but weeds can be a problem over the weedless design normally found on trolling motors. 


Im also contemplating doing some reliable testing to get some hard numbers. I think I could use a long 2x6 and t-brace arrangement across the corner or arc of a swimming pool in conjunction with a strain gauge or force gauge to get accurate numbers without worrying about the effects of wind, wave, or current found in the real world or the turbulence limitations imposed in a trash can or small tank. Now I just need the wife to ok an indoor pool so I can start testing! We are still getting hammered by low temps in the teens and even single digits.

Bill

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment