Saturday, March 22, 2014

[Electric Boats] Seahawk 17 Project [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from billj474@yahoo.com included below]

Hi,

I've been following the group while trying to come up with a plan for my 17' sailboat. I've already learned a lot just from following the discussions. My boat is used on smaller inland lakes in Ohio and I'm considering adding a trolling motor through the hull behind the keel for those times when the wind won't cooperate. I feel I could live with making 3 knots with a trolling motor (Minn Kota Endura Max 55 w/Kipawa prop is available for free) and still get reasonable range from 3 deep cycle batteries (10 miles is probably all I would ever NEED but I can see leaving the mast at home occasionally if we could count on 20 miles). I have a good running outboard (older Evinrude 4.5) that gets me up to hull speed with no problem at about 1/4 throttle and many folks with this boat use 2hp outboards while cruising. I would be willing to purchase an electric outboard if necessary to be able to enjoy a quiet ride when the wife and I are out instead of listening to the motor run. The boat would weigh about 2000lbs with 3 batteries, 2 people and all our gear. I'm attaching a link to sailboat data for the boat http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=6065 and a pic of the keel.  

Please let me know what you think of my "plan" and what any better options might be.
Thanks,
Bill


__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from billj474@yahoo.com | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 Photo(s)

Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment