Saturday, January 11, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] RE: Tartan 30 Sailboat

 

Hi Fred 

thank you , appreciate the offer, has anyone done an "apples to apples comparison between the sourcing options?
what extra effort do I need if I go the DIY route completely ? A kit ?, or turn-key? I see Electroprop , Electric Yacht, Mastervolt,
Elco, Clean E Marine, Thunderstruck,  etc....
I have a 1982 Pearson Vanguard 32 , with a tired westerbeke.


-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Liesegang <fred4936@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Fri, Jan 10, 2014 5:03 pm
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] RE: Tartan 30 Sailboat

 
Hello Buddy. I converted my Tartan 27-2 to electric 2-3 years ago now and am glad I did, as are most people who do the switch. This forum has been very helpful to me in my quest, from the vendors to the individuals who have contributed. Feel free to ask anything! I will help as best I can. There are pics of mine in the "files" section.

Fred Liesegang
Tartan 27-2 Eagle& nbsp;


From: "asailor0905@aol.com" <asailor0905@aol.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 2:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] RE: Tartan 30 Sailboat

 
Hi 

I joined this Group because of my interest in converting to some sort of electric propulsion system. I really need a layman's
type of advice as to standards in comparison regarding opinions on vendors and do it yourselfers.

Is this purely a DIY forum ? do I need to be marine electrical techie to be here ? 

Im almost afraid to ask a question, 

I have found a lot of good info from one vendor specifically, but I really would appreciate a fair comparison here. 

Maybe the Moderator would prefer to keep all vendors off here ??? I would find it a huge benefit as it would give everyone the option to
make a case in a technical sense and omit all the "marketing" fluff.

Are the vendors going to post a comparison chart here ? and then allow the DIYers to add a column also ? 

Thank You 

Buddy


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment