Wednesday, January 29, 2014

[Electric Boats] RE: My new Electric boat with solar panels

 

It depends on the sun on what speed I achieve with it. Full sun over the panels is 4-5 MPH (with 2 panels)   but I am balancing the amps coming in from the panel with what amps are being used by the motor. If the batteries are topped of and I full throttle it it will go faster for a while.  I have a third panel now but can't test it till the sun comes back to the Northwest this spring. lol

Then again if I hook the Honda EU2000i I can maintain 10mph. I did a test and found out if needed I could go 10mph and the generator is always at a idle and go a 100 miles on a gallon of gas. I don't plan on doing that unless its a emergency etc. but it will do it. 

Here have a look at the generator test. Click on the short video "Generator Test"

https://sites.google.com/site/serenitysolarcanoe/home/short-videos-from-serinity

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment