Sunday, January 19, 2014

[Electric Boats] C-30 with Torqeedo 4.0R

 

 
I've mentioned a couple of times about having mounted a Torqeedo 4.0 outboard on my C-30.
I got a chance to go out today, since it was a really nice (winter) day  - Sunny, and upper 60's.
 
Here's the data from my run:
 
I only have a small bank of AGM batteries, so I can't run at high speed for very long without the voltage dropping off quickly.  However, I ran for a few minutes at several different speeds, and recorded:
 
700-780W  =>  3.1mph
2000W =>  4.1mph
3500W => 5mph
 
I ran about an hour at around 700-800 watts, and only depleted the battery from an initial fully charged level of ~54V (which quickly dropped down to around 48V), down to 47V.
 
The Torqeedo isn't a replacement for my Atomic 4, but is sure is a LOT quieter.  And if the prices of Li batteries would come down, or if I could win the lottery, I could see myself doing mostly electric if I could afford about a 200Ah bank at 48V...   :)
 
Have fun!
John

 
 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment