Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Hot shunt...

 

Guys,  


So I went down to the boat today and had a look at the connections. As suggested above, I tested the voltage drop across the shunt and it was .9 volts (when I'd expect ~50mV). I took the shunt off and examined the connections. It turns out the washers were steel and were fairly corroded where they met the lug. I replaced with stainless connectors and ran the motor for a half hour to test it out--the connectors were cool throughout. After changing out the washers the potential drop across the shunt read ~49mV. Thanks for all who responded. A great forum. Also I got some great support again from ThunderStruck. A really fine team up there!


Bradley

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment