Friday, January 31, 2014

[Electric Boats] RE: House battery

 

I have a Corsair F27 trimaran and removed two 12v lead acid batteries.  I replaced them with 2 x 40ah rated 12.8v packs wired in parallel.  The batteries are GB cells similar to the more common CALB prismatics.  I use an Elithion BMS with small led fuel gauge.  I have a 45 watt panel and use the Genasun solar charge controller. 


I'm building a DIY charge controller & BMS of my own design that will use bluetooth to communicate with my laptop.  Its of my own design and has features the Elithion and Genasun combo don't provide.


I saved about 50 lbs and gained energy reliability and space.  Light weight is very important to small trimarans.


Steve

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment