Saturday, January 25, 2014

[Electric Boats] Prop size

 

Hi, I am a new member and new to the idea of electric boats. I have a 24 ft. Pontoon boat and I hooked a manta 10 hp motor to a 18 X 10 three blade prop with direct drive. The shaft is 4 ft long and I mounted the motor and shaft under the deck, angled down and ending with a 20 X 20 fishtail rudder. That is as far as I have got, I used these parts because I had them on hand, not knowing if they would work togather. Does anyone out there have a manta motor? What size prop did you use and did you use straight drive or gear reduction? I still have to get a speed controller , what kind do you recommend.

   Duane

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment