Friday, January 10, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Best portable generator?

 

Hi john,

Best is a matter of opinion. I have used many portable generators and like the one I built using a 70's era chrysler auto generator with external regulator.

The regulator control voltage can be manipulated with a resistor voltage divider to any voltage you need. The generator was well built enough to stand voltages over 120 volts. And the coils don't overheat when used to charge large banks.

The generator I use is rated for 80amps, has a dual grove v-belt pully and has out lived other generators I have used to do this job, including honda's and other brand inverter gensets. That outlived is hour for hour.

I have found that a 2" auto tailpipe along side of the mast sends fumes and noise away from passengers. When set up as a ventury draws enough cool air to not be a hazzard if touched.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

On Jan 8, 2014 9:29 AM, <john@eng21.org> wrote:
 

Hello everybody! I have a question regarding the best portable generator for my 30 amp (3 bank) charger. I am charging three 12 v batteries in series  (each one has a separate connection to the charger). Many thanks in advance for your advice!

John

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment