Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Re: [Electric Boats] Battery bank installation

 

Depends on battery type. LA should be vented. Protection from acid on flooded batterys a must. Coast guard has something to say about installation on navigatable waterways. Do the boxes, well secured. Think capsize when strapping them down. Should such thing happen it is to late to think about how much damage such a heavy projectile can do.

Kevin

On Jan 5, 2014 12:37 PM, "Manuel Marinelli" <marinelli.manuel@gmail.com> wrote:
 

Hello everyone!
I am currently installing an EY System on my 30 ft. S2 Sailboat.

Now that the engine compartment is empty there seems to be plenty of space for everything, BUT: I'm not 100% sure on how to set up the battery bank.

Do people build actual boxes or rather platforms with straps? Second one was what I thought I would do and will start tomorrow unless there is major concerns?

So I guess what I really would like to see and read: How did people install their batteries? And can you post or send pictures as well? My mail is project.manaia(AT)gmail(dot)com

Thanks already everyone!

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment