Monday, December 24, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: trolling motor cut off switch

 

I was surprised that the directions called for interrupting the ground, but they do. I must say the switch is very convenient. In my 20 ft high sided plywood rowboat, when I lower the boat from the lift, set up the oars, get ready to row, all I have to do now is reach down and turn the thing on. I get a sudden surge of full power, since that is what I have the trolling motor set on (full), so that from shore, as I take my first pull on the oars, it looks like I am really pulling and the boat takes off. With the oars moving, I do not think anyone even notices the trolling motor, and they certainly won't when I convert over to a 300 watt 24 volt dc moped type motor. That should be more efficient.

By the way, I think someone else here said that I should be using a 40 amp, continuous duty, solid state switch. Does that sound familiar to anyone? I believe that it would properly interrupt the positive.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment