Friday, December 21, 2012

[Electric Boats] Is this insane or a waste of time and money?

 

I have been wanting to do this for a few years and now I have a small window of opportunity to get it done.
A few years ago I did make a small 16 foot electric boat and I did learn a few important lessons from that one. This new project is moving along nicely with hopes of getting her wet in January sometime.I have included a few pictures of the start of this project and would really like some feedback from all our members.
This new project is a 23 foot cabin cruiser. The planing hull is going to be changed as best we can with what we have to work with. Adding to the stern and attempting to eliminate some of the drag is one major obstacle. Next challenge is the power system. As no one has any concrete data that is useful in power regeneration other than the obvious... solar and small gas powered generators... I'm looking toward some "outside the box" thinkers from the EVGRAY group on the subject.
I'll be posting pictures as progress continues.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment