Sunday, April 15, 2012

[Electric Boats] LiFePO4/BMS functionality?

 

Hello all,

A new question.  I am interested in a 48v 200ah LiFePO4 battery (bank) and BMS but I am very fuzzy on exactly how the BMS functions.  I know that there is both a maximum charge rate and a maximum discharge rate that should not be exceeded with the battery pack.  I assume that the BMS regulates and prevents such problematic usage of the battery pack.

Can someone tell me if there is a required min or max to the voltage and amperage fed to a BMS for charging purposes.  I assume that the BMS can regulate discharge and charge at the same time and that in effect it is only the net difference between the two functions that can adversely impact the battery.

I'd love to be able to feed the BMS 48v (or 52v or whatever) and 50amps and then have the  BMS completely manage the pack.  Does anyone think this completely feasible?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment