Friday, October 14, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Regen Success

 

Good grief Ben! Why are you knocking a product that worked exactly as designed that was in a system that you admittedly did not understand?

I have installed literally dozens of these units, including several in the very demanding (read "abusive") commercial fishing industry.  They perform flawlessly.

How can bypassing the ACR be considered difficult?  You simply use an 11/16" wrench and move the conductor serving one of the batteries over to the other battery's terminal.  If you can reach the ACR, this should take you about 1.5 minutes max. 

For mission critical work, I always install a Blue Sea Systems ON-OFF switch with a key (p/n 6005) in parallel with the ACR.

"They just seem to have done a very bad job with this one." 

Obviously, I could not disagree with you more!

Charlie
"The Devil is in the details...and so is salvation."



>
> http://url.ie/dbml
> http://url.ie/dbmm
>
> For the units themselves - I don't have any experience with the second
> one, but I am completely unimpressed with the first one. It came with my
> current boat, and created some serious problems initially: since the
> house battery was run _way_ down (below 10.8v is their "lockout" spec),
> the ACR would *never* connect it to the circuit - and thus, never charge
> it.  out in
> the open ocean, so I could spare the time. Had to trace out the entire

> At this point, I've read the specs carefully, and both of the above
> behaviors seem to be the way that it's actually designed to operate.
> That's quite unlike most of the BlueSea products that I'm familiar with;
> in my experience, they put a lot of good skull sweat into what they
> make.
>



__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment