Sunday, October 30, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] How to sail - fixed links

 

Hey Ryan,

How about a course on "stay off the bottom", or "rules of the road", better yet "considerate boating", Then there is GPS navigation and the tools of the trade". These titles would help all boaters learn what is needed to safely travel the waterways. These I learned long before I learned how to sail from my Dad, whom didn't sail, and it helped me all the years I spent on the water as an adult.
the lack of these courses were the major factor of my choosing to sail south of the good old U.S. of A. "Got Tests?" "Got completion of course diploma?" if so you could slip such information into a course and improve travel on the US water ways.

Oh yes, I can teach someone how sail in an hour, but the other topics take much longer. I am a slow responder to e-mail but if you would like some help on classes you could ask me and we would switch to another of my e-mail addys.

Kevin Pemberton


On 10/23/2011 11:46 AM, ryan_on_the_beach wrote:

 

Hey all, sorry messed up the links in the last post, these should work.

I've started a small basic online sailing course for very basic
sailing edu. To help those that are interested in learning to sail.
Please note, this is early
days still building, so am looking for some feedback. Am busy with the
quiz
application so that people can test their knowledge online

How to sail

So it's a basic start to how to sail, with a free sailing course...

Here are some of the lessons:
Parts of a sailboat   
Parts of a sailboats rig/rigging  
Parts of a sail      Types of sails  
Man overboard procedure  

Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions!

Thanks
Ryanonthebeach


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment