Saturday, October 1, 2011

[Electric Boats] Eric and James

 

Thanks gents.

All I need to do to get it launched is to mount the speed controls.
I'm using the original Minn Kota modules set into a small console.
I also need to fabricate a tiller but I could get away with a broom handle and zip-ties if I ran out of time.
I think the first launch will be late next week. I definitely do need to do some testing before I go any farther.

I think Eric's right about getting the rest of the batteries first, but the current budget is shot for right now.
I've got some lighting left to do, the 2 gates for the hand rails (one is a ladder, the other a handicap ramp) I also need a proper bench in the stern
and I've got to find some sort of netting to fill in under the railings so Elvis doesn't end up in the drink.

The canopy is 8 foot by 12 foot and I hope to use it all for the solar. 
There's a 3/4 inch ridge down the middle and half a dozen 5/8" aluminum battens running crossways that may mess up the spacing.  
The canopy can be removed from the uprights as a unit fairly easily. (8 bolts and a couple dozen screws) 
I was going to buy P.V. cells in bulk and turn it into one big solar panel rather then bolt some big clunky production panels to my lovely arched canopy. It will also save me a lot of weight.

Thanks for the links and the encouragement guys.

Mark
North Scituate, RI


__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment