Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Strong Timing Belts and Pulleys

 

www.gates.com  has a drive design function that will show you many options to get the reduction and power capability you want, even rank the options by cost.  Try it out.

Denny Wolfe




On 3/16/2011 8:50 PM, collinsderek45 wrote:

 

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone here for the invaluable information on this group site. It convinced me to dump my Atomic four and go Electric with my Cal 34 in the first place. I have a question for the group. Many members are using 1 inch wide timing belts with matched pulleys from Grainger or McMaster. However, the ones I've seen used with bushings seem to be underrated at about four horsepower. I'm using the Mars motor from Thunderstruck and it is rated for 8 Kw peak. Realistically I can draw 100 amps at 48 volts or 4800 Watts. This equates to about 6.4 Horsepower. The few high power belts I've seen such as the Goodyear Falcon only come in metric sizes which will not allow for a 1 inch bushing on the prop shaft. Can any one recommend a particular belt and pulley combination to replace my chain set up? I've read that the half inch wide belts may be more suitable.


__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment