Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Portable generators

 

On 17/03/11 11:12, Nanci wrote:
>
>
> I've had my Honda 2000 on board for 10 years. 4 of those were 100%
> cruising. The rest of the time has been divided up between the
> sailboat, my deckboat (for the Christmas parade lights), or at home
> for the occasional power outage. Then there's been the beach party,
> the swim meets etc. Changed the spark plug 2 times, that's it as far
> as maintenance goes.
>
>
The risk may be, especially on my boat, that the carbi might leak fuel,
which then runs into the bilge. My bilge is open to the engine
compartment which now contains a brushed perm mag motor. The motor could
ignite the fuel vapours and in a worse case back track to the generator
and add 'to the fun'.

And I know the Honda will leak, if often after I've carried it (after
running it) there is a small amount of 'run off', which I assume is
being shaken out of the carbi.

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment