Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Shaft Couplings

 

Bill,

Firstly find out what coupling you have.

Measure the outside diameter, the size of your register and the hold to hold distance of adjacent holes and the hole diameter.

It is better to run with a flexible coupling.   They have an alignment indicator plus flex for the leftover misalignment.   

Once you have that information, then I can quote you a coupling.

Couplings are  machined for the shaft.  I have never seen one fit out of the box.


Best Regards,

James









On Mar 9, 2011, at 8:30 AM, green_on_blue wrote:

 

I realize that electrical systems are the predominant topics on this forum but I would appreciate any sage advice on shaft coupling recommendations.

As I am in the process of convert my ICE to electric, it is apparent that a lot of the couplings I have seen on-line are built around connections to ICE transmissions.

I am needing to connect a 30 mm motor shaft from a Thoosa motor to a 1 1/2 inch propeller shaft.

Any good experiences or recommendations?

As always, many thanks for thoughts and opinions

Bill


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment