Friday, March 18, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Portable generators

 

The CG here are very much against them too .
I am a member of the CG , and when I mentioned the idea to the higher up , they just laughed .
Most of the rescues we have are marine petrol engines , ie outboard motors . The others are related to batteries.
Most of the engine problems aren't breakdowns , but fires.
The idea of using a non marine petrol powered portable generator on board a boat , well , that is the response , they just laughed at the idea.
Even the biggest commercial boats here has their deck regularly swept by waves , having a working portable generator on deck , I'm sorry , they just laughed.
I know , I know , a lot of you have used portable non marine petrol powered generators for years , without a problem , but if the industry wants to be taken seriously then it has to be able to stand up to the toughest scrutiny , and I fear the use , the advocating of the use of portable generators is a big stumbling block.   
Please , no personal abuse , I'm just the messenger.
Regards Rob J.


From: "amracel@stuffandjunk.net" <amracel@stuffandjunk.net>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, 19 March, 2011 9:04:31 AM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Portable generators



I have been reading with interest this discussion of portable generators. The marina owner where I have my boat flat out told me that I would need to find another marina if he saw me using such a device because he considered them dangerous on a boat. His big concern was exhaust build-up in the cabin.

Thoughts?

Anne Racel
Yorktown, VA

Please excuse the brevity. Droid's scribbling as much as he can.






 

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment