Thursday, March 17, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Catalina 27

 

On 17/03/11 21:16, ComcastMail wrote:
>
>
> Jim -
> Your previous application of the Alltrax AXE controller with a
> reversing relay perhaps answers my previous question. Was that
> Catalina with the Briggs Etec a brush type motor?
> How much does that controller cost, and basically how do the work?
> Can you attach a PDF wiring diagram for this kind of system?
>

All the diagrams you could want are on Alltrax's web site.

The AXE controller is still available. (~$USD300), I bought two last
month after I managed kill mine.

I used a combination of the permanent motor diagram on their site (it
just showed the reversing contactor as a switch) and their series motor
plug brake circuit for the reversing contactor circuit.

My Perm 132 permanent magnet motor is directly coupled to my prop
shaft - no reduction gear at all. But then my boat is only 700kg and the
Perm has more than enough torque to deal with direct drive for my boat.

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment