Friday, March 18, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Portable generators

 

Thanks for that link Myles, good info. For me not having the generator/gasoline on board 99% of the time is a positive. The couple of times I've had the Honda on the boat I wrapped it in two contractor plastic bags and it stayed in the cockpit lazarette. I don't like this setup. I do like that it fits and is flat/level. I envision an large sealable plastic container that the portable can live in until needed. Maybe a fiberglass generator "locker".

Where are people keeping there portables?

Maybe it's so obvious that no one has mentioned it, but I would not sleep with the generator running.

Mark
Santa Cruz

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Myles Twete" <matwete@...> wrote:
>
> This paper addresses the concerns and risks associated with using portable
> generators on boats pretty well.
>
> It also offers resource links for further education:
>
> http://newboatbuilders.com/docs/portable.pdf
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment