Tuesday, March 15, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Measured performance

 

Rob,

I'll be interested in those observations too. :)

My old boat never has pointed well or even got going in winds less than 5-6kts. I know that the new prop will have more drag than the original prop, so I believe that my biggest advantage will be in "power-feathering" the prop, spinning it just fast enough to stop the drag but not add thrust. This should result in slightly higher sailing speeds than the original setup because it should sail like the prop fell off, i.e. no extra drag.

You can expect a lot more data as the summer gets going.

Fair winds,
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Rob Johnson <dopeydriver@...> wrote:
>
> Eric , I'll be interested in any observations in regard to motorsailing your
> boat , ie ability to point higher , or to keep going , when the winds drop off a
> bit , whatever.
> Regards Rob J.
>
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment